How old to rent
a hotel room
. Fountains motel
How Old To Rent A Hotel Room
- A hotel is an establishment that provides paid lodging on a short-term basis. The provision of basic accommodation, in times past, consisting only of a room with a bed, a cupboard, a small table and a washstand has largely been replaced by rooms with modern facilities, including en-suite
- Hotel Room is a three episode 1993 HBO television series produced by David Lynch (who directed two of them). Each drama takes place in the same New York City hotel room (number 603 of the Railroad Hotel) at different times (1969, 1992, and 1936, respectively).
- Pay someone for the use of (something, typically property, land, or a car)
- a payment or series of payments made by the lessee to an owner for use of some property, facility, equipment, or service
- let for money; "We rented our apartment to friends while we were abroad"
- (of an owner) Let someone use (something) in return for payment
- lease: grant use or occupation of under a term of contract; "I am leasing my country estate to some foreigners"
- Be let or hired out at a specified rate
jesse in kabul in the 70's . in one of the good hotel rooms .
now i sit at the keyboard in my bare feet and think how
it came to be . the army taught me to type in 1968 and since then i have used their teachings a lot and if you are lucky you will have books instead of bullets to carry .i have carried both in my time and in my life i would carry books .
now i can remember how
it was on the back of a bus with sandals on and how
it felt on the back of a truck with boots on . . . . . . . . .
. . . .I INVITE YOU TO THE PAGES OF THE PAST PRESENTED TODAY FOR THE FUTURE . WHILE HERE TRY TO REMEMBER THE TIMES YOU FELT GOOD AND SAFE AND THEN GET A PASSPORT AND A VISA AND LEAVE HOME AND SEE THE WORLD WITHOUT A HELMET AND BOOTS . . . . . . .
. . . . . . . SO WE WILL DISCUSS THE TRANSISTION FROM ASIA TO SAN FRANCISCO , AND THE ART UNDERGROUND OF THE CASTO DISTRICT . 232 SANCHEZ ST . WAS 2 BLOCKS FROM CASTRO AND IN THE LATE 70'S THE AREA WAS JUMPING . CHEAP RENT AND CHEAP RESTAURANTS . . . . . DICK'S BAR ON THE CORNER AND HAIGHT JUST UP THE HILL FROM THE CASTRO DISTRICT . MANY OF THE PEOPLE I MET ON THE ROAD TO INDIA ENDED UP IN THE BAY AREA IN THE LATE 70'S AND EARLY 80'S . AFTER ASIA IT WAS A GOOD PLACE TO READJUST TO THE WEST . SO I WENT TO THE CORNER BAR FOR THE FIRST TIME AND IT WAS THE HANGOUT FOR THE WHOLE NEIGHBORHOOD . OLD PEOPLE WITH CANES AND HEARING AIDS AND PUNKERS , TAXI DRIVERS , HOUSE PAINTERS , REAL ESTATE AGENTS AND OF COURSE POETS AND PAINTERS AND ROCK AND ROLLERS . . . . . .
. . . . . . and we did our share of damage to the day and night while we were there , and i pleade guilty to being a loud neighbor . . . . . . . . .
San Pedro de Macoris, Dom Republic
This man, his family, his situation his children this room deeply touched my heart.
I can explain some of it. After my meeting him with his 4 children and wife, I began crying in my hotel room. This man suffered from DIabetes and kidney disease. He could not afford the medications he needed. He found work sporadically as a carpenter but looked me in the eyes and basically told
me it was a losing battle.
This is the room where all 6 of the residents live sleep and spend rainy days. His back yard is a swamp that flows directly into the Higuamo River. He told
his 13 year old
daughter to cover up her torn blouse so that she wasnt exposing herself.
This is the bed they all sleep in. It is mold
y musty torn moist humid. This is his house
he works hard to pay the rent for.
He never smiled. He was very cordial and rather formal with me as i was allowed to shoot his home & family living in this extreme poverty. The poverty hit me really hard. I know this town very well. The odor from the river can be horrific. I am used to shooting poverty for decades. It was not until i left and thought how
severely impoverished he and his family is and how
his disease will probably kill him soon and how he will leave his family more destitute than they are now that i could not repress my emotions.
I vow to visit him again if he is alive. I gave him a handout of course but its never enough. Living on the filthy malodorous mosquito filled river in this musty room ( the house
) touched my heart.
See also: bed and breakfast maine portland palm springs motels tokyo family accommodation hotel cite carcassonne dorchester hotel in hotel del rey reviews christchurch luxury accommodation rantapuisto hotel helsinki surf motel hampton beach
- (月) 15:58:14|
- Category: None